Saturday, June 4, 2016


Up Next - Daylillies
7 x 5 inches, oil on archival panel
$50

After 2 utter failures trying to paint these lillies, I woke up to this. Some dying, one just opening. I was ready, even excited to try yet again! I really enjoy the colors created by light shining through the petals. Glass, as well, is fun and interesting to paint. 




By Tremaine Shelter
8 x 8 inches, oil on archival panel
$70

Just as the trees were about filled out, I saw these folks having a picnic and enjoying one of the first really warm days. Did a short sketch and worked from it and a photo I took. Idyllic! The sun was overhead, filtering through the leaves and making great shadows on the grass. The lake was calm and blue. The kids were even playing well together (you moms out there, don't tell me you didn't notice!).

No comments:

Post a Comment